Saturday, June 14, 2008

Potty Swap

Well...

Unfortunately, Teacher has yet to receive Teacher Gift. My poor son has a NASTY sinus infection and allergies, so he missed the last day of preschool and graduation. Poor little guy, he's on antibiotics for two weeks, on top of an antihistamine. But worst of all is he just doesn't understand that school is out for the summer. :(

So, I guess now is as good a time as any to tell you about The Swap, which I have decided to call Potty Swap. ('Cause a swap needs a name, ya know.) I am so so excited about this. It's my first one. :) Amy from Early Bird Special and I are in need of some cute new embroidery for our powder rooms, and what better way to attain them than to swap? Yea!! She is such a talented stitcher, I cannot wait to see what she has in store for me!

Here's a little sneak peek of what I have been working on:
flossy sneak peek

I know it's not much, but I don't want to give away too much! These are the colors I am using on her piece. Amy requested something with a wildlife theme, and the pattern I chose fits the bill. :) I actually had quite a difficult time deciding on something. I searched in vain but kept coming up empty-handed. I tried two other things out before I found the right pattern. Option #1 was cute, but waaaaaaay too detailed. It didn't seem so bad at first, but once I started stitching, I quickly realized I was in over my head. Option #2 never even made it onto fabric. I tried 3 times to trace it onto transfer paper with my beloved Sulky pen, but I just couldn't get it right. So back to the drawing board. (Figuratively, of course, for my drawing skills are poor.) Option #3, the one I am stitching right now, is so cute and perfect, I just know Amy is gonna love it. While it's not the super-detailed piece I originally had in mind, I really feel it is the right choice for Amy. And have I mentioned how freakin' cute it is???

I may post another sneak peek-y picture soon, but not without making sure it's ok with Amy. I don't want to spoil the surprise. The super cute surprise. :-D

Stay tuned!

No comments: