Thursday, July 24, 2008

Short & Sweet & Nearly Complete

Hey there stitchy peeps! I am gonna keep this post short, but sweet. :) The t-shirt I've been working on is done! Well, almost. I still have a couple things left to do before I can officially declare that it's complete. I need to finish removing the stabilizer, for one. Ugh, that is not fun! Tedious. Ick. I also need to fix a few things that got mussed when I was removing the stabilizer. But other than that...yeah, all done.

Here, lemme know what ya' think:
eenies tee

(Ok, so I still have to iron it. Add that to the list of things to do.)

Hey, remember that smudge I talked about? It is hardly even noticeable now! I don't know why, but you really have to be looking for it to see it. COOLNESS. I am so happy about that! But I gotta say, if that smudge hadn't somehow miraculously faded, I got some pretty good ideas on how to cover it from fellow Flickr-ites sewitsforyou and Cornflowercreations. I love the way crafters look out for each other! There's always someone to give you advice and suggestions when you're in need. And speaking of advice, thank you to Brook for the info on the stabilizers.

Yeah, all you bloggy crafty folks rock my socks, what can I say. :)

Ok, that's it from me for now. I hope to have a better pic of the totally completed shirt very soon. I assume you will be sitting on pins and needles waiting for that pic. ;) Tee hee. I also hope to start something totally cool soon....and if that works out as planned, it will be pretty rad. But in the meantime...

Happy Stitching!

PS Be sure to stop by and visit AnnieOakleaves' blog for info on the pattern I used for this cute little t-shirt. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful stitching! I noticed on flickr that the smudge is practically invisible. I don't know how sulky pens work but I know from experience that if you (for example) iron two patterns on the same piece of fabric with a heat transfer pencil then by the time you finish stitching the first design the second design will have started to fade quite a lot due to being scrunched in your hand while you hold the hoop. Either way I'm glad it faded for you, smudges are a pain! I've resorted to a bleach pen in desperation (high failure rate though!).

Anonymous said...

I'm on the floor in envy that you not only can stitch, but that you have this cute pattern to use!

I also loved the one you did for your bathroom, great idea to use the colored pencils on her skin!