Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Chewie Collabo

Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!

So, as you may already know, I have done a lot of stitching for Annie Oakleaves. I embroider her patterns and take pictures of the finished product, some of which are used in her Etsy. Some of the things I embroider are sent to her in the mail, for her to use as she wishes.

Here is an example of something I embroidered and sent to her to finish. The embroidery was done by me; the sewing, stuffing, and photography by her.

chewie collabo

I squealed when I saw the pictures on her Flickr. I had forgotten that I had stitched these. They're larger than anything else of hers I'd done; I think each softie is about 9 to 10 inches high. I used a super-huge flour sack towel to embroider all four parts of the dolls. The stitching was surprisingly quick to do! I didn't think something of that size would be fast to stitch, but it was. I am especially proud of the satin stitched collars and the hair. :)

Well, that's all for tonight, my lovely bloggy friends. I will be back soon with pics of completed ornies. (Hopefully! LOL.) Until then...

Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

sewitsforyou said...

the look so flippin cute. You really can't tell how big they are. I love how you filled in their hair..

Anonymous said...

As soon as I saw these on Flickr, I fell in love! These would be perfect for gifting! I know that a few parents-to-be in my family would love these.

Your stitching is always so beautiful, and you always choose colours that go so well together.

Jazze Junque Inc. said...

Hi
Very nice ~
Mercedes

Anonymous said...

I agree with everyone---these are really adorable!

Anonymous said...

I saw these on Annie Oakleaves' blog. They're so cute! You really did do a great job on the stitching, especially the hair and satin stitch!

~Amy Rose~

Anonymous said...

So cute!!! I like the soft colors too!! I think everything you stitch is cute!!

Jossan said...

I love the hair! Its so well done! I might try do them sometimes... :)

Anonymous said...

Mornin' Kristi!

I have an award for you on my blog. If you don't want to post it you don't have to. I just wanted you to know what a blessing you have been to me!

Cami said...

I saw these on flicker and loved the stitching. Made me want to make some. Great job on these!