Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Ornies & More...

Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!

Well, I did it! I got all three ornaments done! Sewn by hand!! Yikes! Here, take a look:

ornies all done--front

ornies all done--back

(Patterns by Wild Olive.)

They're far from perfect, and I still have so much to learn about sewing...but I think they are so cute and I love 'em to pieces. I am a wee but proud of myself for actually finishing them. I got discouraged after I finished the first one, so I put the other two off for a bit. But yesterday I made myself work on them and I did both remaining ones. Yay me! :)

I also worked on something else yesterday. Well, I started it the night before last and finished it last night after I put the final touches on the ornies. Here it is:

devil t-shirt 2

devil t-shirt 1

(Pattern by Sublime Stitching.)

This is a t-shirt for one of my brothers. I will be sending it to him as a Christmas gift, along with something for his wife. (I can't wait to show you that! It's gonna be way cool!) I really think he is gonna love this shirt.

Well, I have more stitchy projects waiting to be worked on, so I best get to 'em. I will be back soon with pics. Until then...

Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

Michele said...

Great job on the ornaments! They are cute.

Anonymous said...

YAY for finishing your ornies. Did you discover some magical secret to the hidden stitch that you'd like to share?!

www.bookwormbethie.wordpress.com

Swell Stitches said...

Oh my goodness! The ornaments turned out adorable! I knew that they would!

~Amy Rose~

Brook said...

The shirts awesome!

Bunny said...

Yay, the ornaments look great! I'm so in love with the backside fabrics.

greetingarts said...

Okay, I know you've probably already answered this before, but when you stitch onto T-shirts and knits, do you use an interfacing or backing of some kind? They look absolutely fantastic. I love that you have such different styles, but no matter what you embroider, be it duckies or devils, it always looks amazing.

Jenny S said...

They look fantastic! x

Güldem said...

they re soo lovely and cute :) love them:) and ı also like you do always different things:)

Kristi said...

Thank you so much everyone! You are too kind! :):)

greetingarts--sometimes I use stabilizer on t-shirts, but lately I haven't used anything. I just stitch slowly. :) In the past, ripping off the stabilizer has distorted the stitches, so that's why I've opted to do without it lately. :)

sewitsforyou said...

great job on all the projects! I love the one just for you!