Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Apple Fabbies

Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!

So, my sweet stitchy friend Bethie reminded me today that I mentioned that I need to visit the fabric store to pick out the perfect material for Happy Apple...and I realized that I had indeed gone fabric shopping and hadn't taken any pictures to share with you. Ack! Sorry, my bad. ;P Anywho, I found a few I liked and have narrowed it down to this:


Picnik collage

The fabby looks a little busy in the pictures, but in real life it doesn't. And the red is 'redder' and more vibrant and not as warm-toned as it appears here. The green fabric is a strawberry print, but the berries are so small that I don't think it seems odd being used for an apple design. And even if it is kinda odd, oh well, I don't care...'cause I like it! Tee hee. ;-D

That's really all the stitchy-related things I have to share today. I know, I promised new stitchy goodness that last time we spoke. It's coming, I swear! We had some decent weather last week and I found myself outdoors more than usual. But it's raining like mad right now, and that always makes me want to stitch. So don't despair my friends (*snort*, like you really despair when I don't have pics to share, lol), I will be back soon with some goodies to show you. Until then...

Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

Miss Paula said...

Oh I despaired over Christmas when you took a long break!!!

I like the fabric. Can you use both?? (no pressure or anything!!)

Kristi said...

Lol Miss Paula!

Actually, I will be using both. They look kinda funny paired together in the pic, but in person they look pretty. :)

Congrats again on you grandson! I saw the pics, he is so precious. :)

lovestitches said...

I wish I had your eye for matching fabrics. They look great together and show off your perfect stitching...perfectly. Sorry, I could have tried harder with that sentence.

barncat said...

These two fabrics will make a great pillow with your apple gal! (I got the red one when I was at Joann's last time too)

Early Bird Special said...

Your fabrics look great! What are you doing with all of your wonderful pillows?

Busym1 said...

The fabric is really wonderful! I love it!

Lotta said...

I don't think it looks busy. It looks fantastic!

Kristi said...

Wow, thanks everyone! ♥

Amy, I don't know what to do with the pillows...lol. They are in the office/studio, propped up on the scanner. They look cute there, though. :) I guess I am trying to hone my sewing skills, and pillow-making seems to be a good start. :)