Monday, March 30, 2009

Thank You Amanda!

Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!

So, I mentioned in my last post that I have some braggin' to do about my friend Amanda. She recently sent me some super-awesome napkins that she stitched just for me!!

The pictures I am showing you do not do these beauties justice. Despite repeated attempts to get a good shot, all I have is a couple of blurry, crummy photos. Eh. I implore you, my friends, please click here to check out the pictures Amanda took of these napkins before she shipped 'em to me. I especially love this picture.

Ok, here are the pics I took:

gifties 2

gifites

Amanda is talented, ain't she? Hard to believe she started stitching just a little over a year ago. :) She's also generous. These lovely napkins weren't the only things she sent me. Check out the list of cool stuff I got:

  • Mo's Bacon Bar--an exotic chocolate bar that sounds wacko but is oh-so delicious.
  • Naga Bar--another exotic chocolate bar, with curry. Yes, curry. OH MY GOODNESS, SO DELICIOUS!!
  • Red Fire Cookie--a chocolate cookie with cinnamon and chilies. Sinfully delicious.
  • Fresh Strawberry Flowers--Amanda introduced me to the Fresh line of cosmetics/skincare back in October when we swapped. And I fell in love. :) This fragrance is hard for me to describe. It's light and summery and perfect.
  • Fresh Hesperides Soap--Fresh has the best soaps! In fact, I won't allow anyone else in my family to use my special soap, lol.

Did I miss anything, Amanda? I know I am a bit late posting this so please forgive me if I overlooked anything. I can't believe how much you SPOILED me!! Love ya!!!

So, bloggy buds, that is it for me for today. I have some fun stuff to show you from the recent trip I took to Portland, but that must wait for another day. (Hint: I went to the Japanese bookstore.) And I still have fun stitchy stuff to share. I can't wait to show you what I've been working on! Soon, I promise. Until then...

Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

Penny Nickels said...

I want to go to NYC so I can tackle that girl!

Amanda Panda Pants said...

You are most welcome Kristi!

carmie said...

Love seeing your embroidery!

Elizabeth said...

Those are darling....and there are those cuties, the apple and the pear :)

Anonymous said...

all the hankies are freakin' fantastic but i think my faves are the anthro fruit and the tea one ;)

do you have a secret stitchy project in the works for miss amanda?!

sewitsforyou said...

so great. You guys both make beautiful things.

Claudia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Claudia said...

ops! so sorry about that.. it's almost like i forgot how to spell for a minute. what i said was:

OMG!
maybe i need to be friends with amandapants... hehe... i've been drooling over those napkins on flickr. you're one lucky stitchy peep!

Penny Nickels said...

BTW, are you in Grant's Pass? I'm in Portland! We're barely neighbors!

Anonymous said...

Wow what a wonderful gift Kristi!

I am waiting to see your new creations and what you bought in Portland!!

Hope Oregon is giving you nice weather. So Cal is!!