Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Figgy Pudding (and a Little Gift)

Have you seen the latest (and last) design in The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's 2012 Dessert of the Month Club series?


I have not actually ever had figgy pudding, but this little guy is the sweetest little figgy pudding I've ever seen! 

And here they are, all twelve of the desserts. For those of you that have asked about how I will be finishing them for display, I can't tell you much about that just yet...but something special is being cooked up. :) More on that early next year (at the latest).


Now, speaking of The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery, have you guys seen their latest series? 


 Kawaii Winter Wonderland is a five-part series that is achingly cute. Oh. My. Goodness. The series began in November, so all five parts are now available. Check out the Flickr group for some fabulous pictures of Kawaii Winter Wonderland samplers in progress. I, personally, am quite behind in the series, but there are a lot of people who are not behind, and their pics are definitely worth checking out! 

Here's my progress. It's pretty sad, as I have only done ONE little motif, and not even entirely! 

Cutest little gift EVER!

Part of the reason I am lagging is because I have run into a little problem. The fabric I selected is way too light. I had a feeling it was before I started stitching, but I thought it would be okay. I was wrong. The white parts don't show up very well on the light fabric.


When you see a close-up shot, the white shows up fine. When the white is surrounded entirely by another color, it shows up fine. In fact, even in the picture above, the white shows up okay. In person, though, that lower right hand corner of the gift is practically invisible. And since there is a fair amount of standalone white in this piece, I have decided that I need to stitch it on a different piece of fabric.


I really don't want to start over, but it's a must if I am going to be happy with this project. I haven't decided what exactly I am going to do, however. I have a gorgeous piece of sparkly linen in a natural color, but I am afraid it might be too sparkly. I also thought about doing it on a light blue fabric, like this one by cathygaubert. I have a piece of fabric that color in my stash, but it's super stiff and a little scratchy, yuck. I could frog what I've done so far and tea dye this fabric...oh, decisions, decisions!


3 comments:

Barb said...

Such adorable little deserts!!Good luck on your fabric decision.

Sarah Belle said...

I had the exact same issue with my Kawaii Christmas. I had days one and two done and decided the white was invisible on my "oatmeal" colored fabric. I started over on a fabric that was closer to what Frosted Pumpkin used in thier piece on the cover of the pattern. It is so stinkin' cute!! I am super excited about the Woodland sampler.

Unknown said...

So cool to see all the desserts together and finished. I still need to stitch up Nov and Dec! so behind. I'm super excited about the woodland patterns though!! EEK!