Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Birthday Stitching

Ok, so first there was Bathroom Stitching, and now there's Birthday Stitching. My son's 4th birthday is quickly approaching, and I thought I would embroider a cute little owl on a t-shirt for him as one of his gifts. I stitched a goat on one of his undershirts a few months ago, and he absolutely loves it.

Here's my progress so far:
new wip

As you can see, I haven't done anything but transfer the pattern, but that's always the hardest part, so I am glad to have it out of the way. (Though I have to admit, I do enjoy that process quite immensely.)

Unfortunately, part of the design didn't transfer so well:
new wip 2

I decided it wasn't worth risking messing up the whole thing by trying to re-align the pattern and re-pressing it. After I'd made that decision, I actually said, out loud, "I guess I'll just have to wing it!" Get it, wing it? Ha ha...

(Hey people, I never claimed to be cool! lol)

So anyway...
brain storming

That pic is interesting because it shows you how I think I am artistic. I tried to doodle some stuff that I thought would be good to embroider, but that didn't really pan out. ;) I did, however, write down some notes concerning colors, so that counts for something.

Speaking of colors, I still have to choose what I want to use for this project. (Yea! Floss toss!) I guess I should go do that now so I can start stitching...

1 comment:

Mom O Matic said...

This is great! I've so been wanting to get back to embroidery. I've got some vintage coloring books I want to transfer.