Saturday, February 7, 2009

Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! WIP

Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!

So, there hasn't been a whole lot of stitchin' going on around here lately...boo...but I have managed to get a little bit of work done on something I am making for my youngest son.

wow wow wubbzy wip

Anyone familiar with Nick Jr should recognize this. My kiddos looooove "Wow! Wow! Wubbzy!" and the free coloring pages on Nick Jr's website make really awesome embroidery patterns. This is going to be a pillow or, if I am really ambitious, a small lap quilt for my baby boy. :)

I am very happy with the eyes:

the eyes have it

The kickity-kick ball is pretty cute, too:

kickety-kick ball

Does anyone else feel like it's cheating to do so much crayon tinting on a piece? The only stitching here is outlining...with some satin stitching on the nose and eyes.

Ah yes, those eyes...

jazz hands

Anywho....

Well, that's gonna do it for me, my wonderful bloggy friends. I recently acquired several really awesome/adorable/oh-my-gosh-I-cannot-wait-to-stitch-these-because-they-are-the-cutest-things-on-the-planet patterns, so be on the lookout for some mega-cuteness in the near future. Until then...

Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

Sandi a::k::a KnitMyRhino said...

My son adores Wubbzy! I think I am gonna follow your lead and make him some pillow cases with the Wubbzy characters on them. (and no, I don't think you are cheating..but I am new at this embroidery stuff)

Sarajessica said...

I think he's adorable! Unfortunately I don't know who he is but whatever. ;)

Candice said...

Anna LOVES Wubbzy (and we've even recently started to watch Gabba Gabba a bit...gotta love that Noggin is on a bit more than it used to be, now that I'm working all day [insert eye roll]). And I gotta confess that Wow Wow Wubbzy and the Wonder Pets are two of my Noggin favorites (although we seem to be catching a lot of Oswald lately too...did you know that Oswald's voice is Fred Savage? Makes me giggle a bit...assuming my memory is right & I'm not crossing ol' Freddy Boy with a different Noggin show).

I feel like I haven't talked to you in ages!!! Life is so crazy on my end lately. But maybe it'll start calming down in the next 3-4 (or 6?) weeks??

Give those boys (and yourself, and Darryl too) hugs for Anna and me! Miss ya tons!

Mwa!
me

Michele said...

My daughter loves this show too!

Jossan said...

Never heard of him before, but he sure is cute! And I can understand that kids love him!
And no, I dont think its cheating using that much crayon...
I think that if it feels good for you, then its good. :)

Looking forward to the cute new thing you have found! :D