Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!
I finished the Brobee shirt last night! YAY ME!!
This was fun to make, though I somehow managed to breeze through nearly two skeins of black floss in the process...which is kinda odd since the only actual stitching is the outlining of the monster, along with the satin stitched uni brow and eyeballs. :) All the color was done by crayon tinting.
The pattern is a simply a coloring page from the Nick Jr. website, which I traced with my handy-dandy Sulky pen and ironed onto the shirt. What's totally awesome is the plain white shirt was half the price of what a pre-made Brobee shirt would've cost me at the store. That's the only real money that was spent on this project, since the pattern was free, and I already had the crayons and floss. Double yay!
Ok, moving on...
I got the fabric and ribbon for my ornaments-to-be. I am quite pleased with my selections. :)
I decided to go with non-Christmas fabric for the backing for a couple reasons. One, it was hard to me to find Christmas-themed material in turquoise. Though I am sure it's out there, I was kinda in a hurry and didn't have a lot of time to search. Two, the little quarters at Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft were perfect for what I am doing, and I didn't have to wait in line at the cutting table. (I looooove not waiting in line at the cutting table.)
I am such a dummy-head sometimes, people! I forgot to bring the embroidered pieces with me to the store! It makes matching a little more challenging when you don't have your stuff with ya!
I think I did an ok job.
Ok, that's it for me! I've got to get busy with these ornaments. I would really like to knock 'em out this weekend, but I don't know if that'll happen. We'll see. :) I will be back soon with pics of the finished ornaments. Until then...