Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Keeping My Promise

Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!

Ok, so I am finally going to make good on my word and show you some of the loot I scored during my trip to Portland.

First up is my Taterpot. He is too cute for words, am I right??

tater pot

He came from the Japanese bookstore, along with everything else I am going to show you. He is supposed to be growing oregano but.....all he managed to produce was mold. No worries, though. I just transplanted a little grass that my oldest had planted in a Dixie cup at preschool and--voila!--instant cuteness.

Next up is what I consider to be THE CUTEST BEAR on the entire planet.

love this

That's a close-up shot of a cell phone charm. See?

eeee, so cute!!

It's way too cute to use, though. I know it would get ruined if I put it on my phone. I haven't decided what to do with it, other than to stare at it and squeal with glee at the sheer cuteness of it.

I also got these really cute erasers:

cute erasers

cute erasers 2

They twist so you can line the heads up with the other bodies. Neat-o!

Oh yeah, and I thought this was particularly cute:

love love love

Now I will show you something that I am SUPER DUPER excited about. I got three Japanese embroidery books! WOOT!!

woo hoo! score

I took some pics of a few of my favorites designs inside the books and made this handy-dandy mosaic for your viewing pleasure:



And here's one that I really really really need to stitch ASAP, 'cause it's just so darn cute!

say cheese

(If you want to see individual shots of any of the pics in that mosaic, click here.)

Whew!!! That's about it for me, except for these two pictures:

ccn wip 2

ccn wip

I couldn't wrap this post up without showing you some actual stitching! This is the top secret WIP I showed you a while back. It's coming along nicely. :)

I will be back soon with more stitchy goodness to share with you! Until then...

Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

Penny Nickels said...

Too Cute! Next time you're in town, lets go shopping together!
Also, Camera kid is too sweet. It hurts my heart!

Anonymous said...

I have a Japanese store like that not far from me...maybe I should go on Friday as I will be all alone! Can you show the front of the books because I cannot read Japanese? hee hee!!

I like your treasures. Thanks for sharing!

barncat (Lisa) said...

Cute, cute, cute! My daughter would go nuts for all your goodies, but those embroidery books look awful fun to me!

Christina J. said...

Great finds!

Claudia said...

holy crap, you scored with those embroidery books! So jealous!

sewitsforyou said...

I wish we had stores like that here. Maybe closer to Orlando. Kittykill lives in Portland. I love that taterpot it is so flippin cute. Did you know there is a kawaii like cartoon show I think on Noggin. I was at my friends house yesterday and her kids we watching it.

Patty said...

My head just exploded from all the cuteness in this post. I love your Taterpot.

JigsawJones said...

Where, oh where, did you find Japanese Embroidery books?

Kristi said...

Hi JigsawJones! I found those books at the Japanese bookstore in Beaverton (near Portland), OR. It's called Kinokuniya, and it's a chain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Books_Kinokuniya

:)