Saturday, March 2, 2013

Woodland Sampler--January & February

Here is my progress on The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's Woodland Sampler that I promised to show you a couple weeks ago.

Fabric: 32-ct Vintage Pearled Barley by Lakeside Linens--soooo yummy!

I haven't done too much, as you can see, though I guess I am technically caught up. March's pattern was just released yesterday, after all. (Some people are already done with March! Holy Smokes!!) I had planned to stitch all the borders in advance, as the Pumpkins sent out the pattern for the borders early to make it easier on people. Had I stitched those borders, all I would have to do each month is fill in the box with that month's pattern. 

But why make it easy on myself? ;)


It's hard to tell in the pic, but the stars are super sparkly. I used Cosmo's Sparkle floss, and it is true to its name! This was a first for me, using the Sparkle floss. It is fabulous to work worth; it's very smooth and much easier to deal with than many of the metallics I've used over the years.

Please wish me luck getting March's border and motif done before April. I have cross stitch ADD right now and keep bouncing from pattern to pattern. I am currently working on this pattern (just started it a couple days ago), and I kitted up this pattern and this pattern and want to start them soon. Oh, and I just finished stitching this kit (another shop model for my LNS). Pics will be coming soon. Oh yeah, and there are the new Jingles that I kinda-sorta kitted up, I need to start those soon, too.

See what I mean? Stitchy ADD. I know there are some smart stitchers who follow a schedule for their WIPS, working on certain projects on specific days, but I am not that smart. ;) I just stitch whatever tickles my fancy at that moment. I would probably have more finishes if I followed a schedule, but you know what they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My way works for me--for now, anyway. You never know when I am going to change my mind.

5 comments:

susanc said...

Looks beautiful! Good luck getting March and April's motifs done. :)

Julie said...

It looks so good! I've only done a quarter of the March frame on mine.

Lesleyanne said...

Looks lovely.

Deborah Schander said...

I think I'm going to have to check out the Cosmo sparkle floss. I've heard really good things about it, and the stuff I used was just not fun. I love your linen!

Unknown said...

Oh it looks so cute stitched up! I have yet to start! Ahh!