Monday, October 27, 2008

Glimpses of Christmas

Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!

I whipped up a little something tonight. I don't know about you, but I think it is pretty darn adorable. :)

cute-cute-cute

in the q-snap

details

This adorable pattern is by the talented Mollie Johanson of Wild Olive. If you have not checked out Mollie's blog yet, I highly suggest you get over there right now. You will NOT be disappointed!

So, this was my first attempt at crayon tinting...not too shabby, eh? This was much easier than I thought, and I really love the results. I actually colored this guy while I was on the phone...including setting the crayon with the iron...that's how easy this process is. Pimp Stitch has an awesome tutorial that I found to be very helpful.

This is just a little glimpse of what I have been working on. I am still in the beginning stages of most of my projects, but man-oh-man are they coming along nicely so far! I am super stoked about the way this cute little ornament turned out, and can't wait to be able to show you what else I am working on. I will be back soon with pictures, I promise! Until then...

Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you need to stop with the cuteness! I am gonna have to go out and buy some crayons and try tinting now for sure. This came out so cool!

Anonymous said...

the ornament is sooooo adorable!

Anonymous said...

I love holiday stitching! I havent even had a second to figure out what I am doing this Christmas for gifts!

Hannah said...

I love this :) It is lovely, I feel christmassy now.

Anonymous said...

You just "whipped" this up? My goodness you are clever!

I had a dream the other night that I went to Wal-Mart and bought a box of 64 Crayons for this purpose. Now you know I am crazy when I am dreaming about my stitching!! LOL

I am so so honored you have me as a person you visit. It blesses my heart! Thank you!!

Oh, I love my new Q Snap! My DH even commented that it looked better than the hoops!! Thanks again for the "scoop!"

sewitsforyou said...

I love my q-snap thank goodness for kittykill getting me 2 of them! I just bought these patterns too the other day. Cuteness abounds!

Patty said...

This is really cute! So is the star.