Monday, December 23, 2013

Snowflake Ornament


I have been collecting Just Cross Stitch's annual Christmas ornament magazines off and on since 2001, and I hadn't made one single thing from those magazines until this year. Now I am wondering why I waited so long!

"Snowflake 2001" from the Just Cross Stitch 2001 Special Issue--Christmas Ornaments

Isn't it sweet? I didn't use the fabric or the fibers (or even the specific beads) that designer Margot Cook of Heritage Series used, but I love love love how it turned out.


I loved stitching this. I used Crystal Monet Cashel by Picture this Plus (I think that is what this is stitched on, but don't quote me on it because I am not 100% positive about what I used) and Needles Necessities floss. That company is now Threadworx, and while the dye lots are the same, the names of the colors are not. I have no clue what this was called originally (did it even have a name, or was it just a number?), as I lost the wrapper long ago, and I have no clue what it's called now. I think it's this one, though. Or maybe this one. Anywho...I also used some variety of Mill Hill's petite seed beads, but your guess is as good as mine as to which ones. ;)



I sent this ornament to my dear friend Julie, my #1 blogging buddy and favorite stitching pal. I hope you like it, J!

4 comments:

Portal do Ponto Cruz said...

lovely artwork and I just loved the thread!=)

Julie said...

I love it! So much. I think I'm going to hang it on my wall so I can see it all year long. :)

beadgirl said...

The ornaments from that publication are addictive, aren't they?

I love the snowflake; nice job!

Shebafudge said...

such a cute design. Love the fabric!