Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Thank You Stitchy Peeps!

Hello there, my beloved Stitchy Peeps!! Thank you sooooooo much for stitchy advice I asked for on my Orange Girl. You guys totally rock my socks! Most of you thought that red or brown would work best...and after I did a floss toss I decided that brown was indeed the winner.

Here, lookee!
all done...i think...

Though I like the color, I am not over the moon about the lettering. I really wanna frog it and try again, I don't know if I have to gumption to actually do it. I followed the pattern's lettering, but now I wish I'd changed it like I did for this project I did late last year. But eeeeeek, that can be time-consuming! Oh well. Maybe next time.

Sooooooo...while I was debating about what to do with Orange Girl's sign, I decided I needed to start something new. I spotted this on Badbird's blog and knew I had to do it. I'm not quite done with her yet, but here's a little sneak peek:
sneak peek...

And a couple more sneak peeks:
more wip goodness

flower

I can't wait to finish her up! She's really pretty so far. I originally had a totally different color scheme in mind for her...I envisioned soft shades of purple, pink and green. But aqua won out since she's going in my newly painted bathroom. Yup. But she's been such a fun stitch that I haven't ruled out doing her again in the aforementioned colors. :-D

So, I guess that's all for now, Stitchy Peeps. Thank you again for weighing in on my color dilemma; I really appreciate that you took the time to comment. Hugs and kisses to you all! *muah*

I will be back soon with more details and pics of the mermaid stitchy piece. Until then...

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

sewitsforyou said...

so great. I often find letters difficult. I download tons of fonts and try them out on scraps. I hardly ever use the ones on the patterns. I love the looks of the mermaid too. Can't wait to see it all done

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I love your blog and have left an award for you on at my blog post:
http://curiosities808.wordpress.com/2008/08/06/awards-and-whoo-hoos/
Thanks so much for sharing what you do.
smiles,
alicia in Hawaii

Brook said...

Oh love the orange girl!!! and the mermaid is sooo fun!! love the colors your chose!!!

Anonymous said...

"Rock my sock"...lol. =)

P.S.: These looked even better in person. ;o)