I've spent the last couple months trying to tackle some more items on my stitchy goals list.
I started a project on 40-ct linen. Oh my, talk about tiny fabric! I chose to stitch The Queen Bee by JBW Designs. It's such a sweet little pattern.
I don't know exactly what linen this is, but I think it's Sand Newcastle by Zweigart. It's just a bitty little piece, I do know that. What I know for sure, though, is that I am using Black Coral silk floss by Dinky Dyes. I am actually crossing two things off my list with this project: stitch on 40-ct linen and stitch something entirely in silk.
(I wish I'd put a quarter or something next to that bee to give you an idea about how small she is. From crown to stinger, she is less that two inches! Same thing from wing to wing.)
Also on my list is trying new crochet stitches. I dabbled in granny squares, even buying a pamphlet at the craft store. The pamphlet makes them look pretty easy, and everything I've read online about granny squares is that they're pretty easy. But for me, something isn't quite clicking--yet. I know it will someday. *Fingers crossed*.
It's not horrible, it's not great. It is what it is and I am okay with that.
I've also been working on what I think is called the V-stitch.
I've taken to this stitch better than the granny squares, for sure. But I figure I'll be able to conquer grannies eventually, so I am not worried about it.