Saturday, May 8, 2010

A Slight Departure from the Norm

Hey there, Stitchy Peeps!

So, I did a little stitchy project last night, and it's an ever-so-slight departure from my normal stuff. I tend to stitch on plain fabric, usually muslin. I enjoy the way things look when stitched on patterned fabric (like this little slice of cuteness, for example), but I just haven't been able to find the right pattern & fabric combo...until now.

Take a look at what I stitched last night:


restless violet
(Restless Violet, courtesy of Wild Olive.)

I am SO in love with this little violet! I call her Shy Violet (yes, sometimes I give my projects names, so what??) because of the way she's almost hidden in the pansy print of the fabric. I've never done anything like this, and I love the way it turned out. Shy Violet worked up quickly, too. Quick and cute, win-win! :)

Here she is chillin' on my desk:

restless violet--chillin' on my desk

And here is a close-up shot of her sweet little face:

restless violet--face detail

And here she is, looking sideways toward the window. It was sunny today, and Shy Violet was enjoying the view.

restless violet--looking sideways

Ok, I made that last part up. Despite the fact that I have given her a name, I am well aware of the fact that Shy Violet is an inanimate object and is incapable of seeing things, such as a nice view out of a window on a lovely morning in May. ;)

Well, that's all for now, my lovelies! I will be back soon with more stitchy goodness. I'm excited about the next project I have in the works and can't wait to share the details with you. Until then...

Happy Stitching!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just want to tell you that I like your blog, it's incredibly inspiring.
I would also like to leave a footprint after me & Sweden, and will welcome you to my blog.

Agneta

Alex said...

You are soo talented! I love everything you have created!!

Wow!

Sam said...

Shy Violet is exceptionally sweet!

Lisa said...

Oh toooooo cuuuuuute!! Love it.

Jules said...

Very cute!

Julie said...

She's adorable. I love it. :)

JigsawJones said...

She's so cute! I love her!

Unknown said...

What great talent you have. I love her name, shy violet sounds so cute.
Good job!
-Gift registry

Amanda said...

Cute! I love your blog!

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

I think Shy Violet is just lovely. You have inspired me to think of stitching in a new way. :)

Marcy said...

Adorable!